CH Precision Announces New 10 Series Products
- Marking CH Precision’s 10th anniversary.
- L10 line-stage with dedicated external power supply and more powerful M10 mono/stereo power amplifier (300 W/RMS into 8 Ohms stereo, over 1kW RMS into 8 Ohms in bridged mono mode, with bi-amped and high-current mono configurations as well).
- The same proven topologies (fully balanced, fully differential) as tried and tested in the 1 Series, the same patented technologies, but with all-new circuit layouts and upgraded componentry.
- Increased resolution of user-adjustable global feedback in the M10 and, for the first time, a choice of adjustable local or global feedback in the L10.
- Three color finishes, that match existing CH systems or allow owners to strike out in a new aesthetic direction, even mixing and matching chassis component color finishes.
“Plus ça change, plus c’est la même chose” Jean-Baptiste Alphonse Karr
M. Karr may have felt that the more things change, the more they stay the same, but at CH Precision, we beg to differ. In fact, in many cases, the more things look the same, the bigger the differences are…
Take our new 10 Series, outwardly so similar to the familiar 1 Series that we’ve had to take steps to differentiate them. There’s the straight profile on the front panel, in place of our trademark curve and, for the first time, the units will be available in not just our standard blue-gray finish, but anodised champagne gold or anthracite as well. But the real differences lie behind the façade, in the circuitry, the componentry, the execution and most importantly, in the performance that results.
Although the 10 Series is based on our proven audio circuit and power supply topologies, every aspect of their design has been re-examined. It has taken ten years to complete the 1 Series products and in that time we have learnt some serious lessons, gaining an enormous body of experience and additional expertise. Now we have applied that accumulated knowledge to the 10 Series. Every circuit board has been re-laid, every component has been reassessed and where a
performance advantage is to be gained, replaced. At the same time, our legendary functionality and user-configurable facilities have been re-examined and updated, improving system matching and ultimate performance further still.
Munich High End 2019 Atrium 4, F221
The benefits are measurable, with among other things, reductions in noise floor and phase error and a significant increase in headroom and dynamic response. But more importantly, the differences are clearly audible. As we get nearer to our performance goals, reducing distortion and noise, increasing the accuracy of our dynamic tracking and the intelligibility of the audio signal, even incremental
changes become musically significant. Combine ten years’ worth of incremental changes and you have a step change in performance – you have performances, living and breathing in your home.
It might look like nothing has changed – but nothing will ever be the same again.
Prices and Availability
- L10 Dual Monaural line-stage 70,000 CHF (two chassis)
- L10 Monaural line-stage 120,000 CHF per pair (four chassis)
- M10 Stereo power amplifier 90,000 CHF
- M10 Monaural power amplifier 170,000 CHF per pair (two chassis)
Trade-in deal for existing 1 Series customers.
Upgrades from 10 Series Dual Monaural units to True Monaural configuration for difference in list price.
Availability in Q4 2019.
- CH Precision L10 Line-Stage with Dedicated Power Supply
- CH Precision 10 Series Color Options
- CH Precision M10 Power Amplifie