The Denafrip Terminator is all about musical essence. It is the most transparent and most detailed sounding DAC I’ve heard so far. It’s able to reveal every subtlety in a recording – and does this better than the pricier DACs. Also, if you have a large collection of DSD files – you’ll be in for quite a treat.
These were the recurring themes:
- Energetic, vivid, fun, and alive.
- Incredible outlining and delineation of everything.
- Supremely holographic. Spacious in all directions.
- Intelligible lyrics.
- Velvety smooth, precise, and solid imaging.
- No signs of grain or digital hash.
- Gradations and melodic continuum, even in the vibrancy.
- Never congested or convoluted – even with the most complicated passages.
- Technicals covered – composed weight, resolution, delicacy, physicality, essence, articulation, and air.
- Impactful low-end – some of the tightest bass I’ve heard from a DAC.
There are many reasons why the Denafrips Terminator is one of the hottest DACs available today. It’s dense yet detailed – a trait that’s usually sonically incompatible. It also prides itself with supplying ample amounts of spatial information with perfect speed and timing. Not to mention, y
On many occasions, I’ve stopped what I was doing – and enjoyed the listening experience. It’s simply difficult not to be impressed while listening to the Denafrips Terminator. It checks more audiophile boxes than its price would suggest – and is definitely worthy of an audition.
Purchasing: Denafrips Terminator ($4,299 USD)