TIDAL MASTERS NOW ON MOBILE – Studio Quality Sound Wherever You Choose To Listen
Las Vegas/New York/London, 7 January 2019
- MQA-powered ‘proof of concept’ demo with BlackBerry delivers in-car master quality audio
- TIDAL Masters now available on all Android smartphones
Optimising the in-car listening environment
Following continued success in popularising premium audio playback in the home and on portable devices, MQA aims to introduce master quality sound to the next generation of connected and autonomous vehicles. In a world first at CES 2019, an MQA-powered ‘proof of concept’ listening experience will be demonstrated in the Karma Revero, an exclusive electric vehicle, at BlackBerry’s booth (#7523 LVCC North Hall).
Mike Jbara, MQA CEO, commented, “MQA in the car is the natural progression, with MQA the only solution for enjoying studio quality sound on the move – be that smartphone, portable device and, now, automobile. We’re privileged to be working with so many exceptional partners spanning automotive, hardware manufacturers, music services and record labels, with the shared aim of delivering the best sounding audio to the widest possible audience.”
Superior mobile listening experience
While LG and Essential smartphone owners have previously been able to enjoy TIDAL Masters, TIDAL has now released an updated app that supports Masters playback on all Android handsets. With the latest update, TIDAL HiFi members can experience studio quality sound wherever they choose to listen.
To further enhance your mobile listening experience, the latest version of the USB Audio Player PRO application now offers an MQA decoder for Android smartphones. The decoder is available via an in-app purchase.
Nugs.net, the home of live music for iconic touring artists including Pearl Jam, Bruce Springsteen, Metallica, and Dead & Company, offers streaming and downloads in MQA quality on both Android and iOS handsets. HiFi tier subscribers can access a deep catalogue of exclusive live concerts in their original quality for on-the-go listening.
Via a recent firmware upgrade, Astell&Kern has extended its support for MQA playback across its range of coveted portable players: the SP1000M, SE100 and SR15 models join the flagship SP1000 with MQA capability. All models also feature the integrated TIDAL app, so HiFi subscribers can stream master quality music on the move.
Expanding playback choices
Leading custom install brand, Integra, joins the growing ranks of MQA partners, adding MQA decoding capability to two of its network stereo receivers, the DTM-6 and DTM-7. Following its latest firmware update, the Mark Levinson No 519 Audio Player is now MQA certified, enabling playback and authentication of MQA audio files and streams.
Existing partners who are continuing to integrate and expand their MQA offerings include the following:
- ESS has launched its ES9281 PRO, the first high-performance USB Audio DAC chip, as well as a series of USB Low-Power Audiophile DAC chips. These all feature integrated MQA rendering that allows partners to easily implement MQA audio into a wide variety of applications.
- The SL-G700 Network / Super Audio CD Player* from Technics is a multi-digital player that plays back digital audio media from CD and SACD through to streaming services, and is the latest player to support the full MQA-CD listening experience.
- NAD Electronics is unveiling a new flagship product for NAD Masters at CES – the M10 is a BluOS enabled amplifier that offers full MQA decoding.
- Onkyo has added full MQA decoding to seven of its stereo models: the TX-8250, TX-8260, and TX-8270 Network Stereo Receivers; the NS-6130 and NS-6170 Network Audio Players; the R-N855 Network Stereo Receiver; and the CR-N775D Network CD receiver.
- The SX-N30AE stereo receiver and the N-30AE network audio player join Pioneer’s MQA-enabled range.
- MQA listening demos will be available on the Sony Walkman NW-WM1Z portable player.
Using pioneering scientific research into how people hear, the MQA team has created a technology that captures the sound of the original studio performance. The master MQA file is fully authenticated and is small enough to stream, while also being backward compatible, so you can play MQA music on any device. MQA’s award-winning technology is licensed by labels, music services and hardware manufacturers worldwide and is certified by the RIAA. MQA is a UK-based private company.
For more information visit www.mqa.co.uk