Tickets always sell out fast for the annual Playboy Jazz Festival at the Hollywood Bowl. Glad I was finally able to make it this year!
Another day of great food and live music. Cheese, crackers, fried chicken & waffles, and of course a few bottles of wine. Even from a distance, the recently upgraded sound system was just unbelievable. Probably the best outdoor venue acoustics I’ve heard so far.
Hosted by George Lopez, incredible performances by:
- The Count Basie Orchestra under the direction of Scotty Barnhart
- Richard Bona and Mandekan Cubano
- Charles Lloyd & The Marvels with special guest Lucinda Williams – Featuring Bill Frisell, Stuart Mathis, Reuben Rogers, Eric Harland
- The Ramsey Lewis Quintet
- Jazmine Sullivan
- One of my favorite singers. Her performance got the crowd going!
- Tower of Power – 50th Anniversary 2018
- Amazing soul and funk closing out the show