In their continuous pursuit of the finest in musical reproduction… ABYSS gives the AB-1266 Phi Reference Headphone a new suit, made of the hardest thin film coating on Earth. A colored polymer ceramic coating (CC) is factory applied and oven cured. This beautiful two-tone luxury black finish gives the Phi a sophisticated look and is said to enhance the quality of sound by further improving upon the anti-resonant nature of its all aluminum components. It also allows for custom color options, unheard of in the boutique headphone market.
ABYSS has also improved upon the ear pads in both appearance and function. The new pads are deep and comfortable and are said to improve acoustics by providing a larger soundstage with improved micro details. The new pads will be standard issue with the new CC model, and will also be sold separately as an upgrade for any older model AB-1266.
- Made in the USA. We machine all components and produce our planar speaker drivers in-house in Buffalo, New York.
- Chassis consists of left/right side frames and adjustable two-piece headband. No plastic parts to break, all components machined from solid aluminum for exceptional strength. Integrated resonance control for minimally added coloration.
- High quality two-tone black polymer ceramic coatings on the all-metal frame and components, polished metal accents. Custom colors to order.
- Proprietary planar magnetic transducer design (Patent Pending) plays effortless dynamics and low-level details in the bass, mids, and highs with spacious sound outside of your head. A front row listening experience with stunning bass impact no other headphone can provide, like the finest loudspeakers in a dedicated listening room.
- Matched driver pairs, meaning your brain will appreciate the musical realism of our attention to detail.
- Unique custom made high power neodymium magnets with optimized slot pattern.
- Low carbon steel front baffle with integrated resonance control.
- Unique foamed aluminum sides acoustically tuned to our planar diaphragm for completely open sound.
- High-quality soft lambskin ear pads provide comfort and finely tuned acoustics. Magnetically adjustable positioning lets you fine-tune acoustics and fit for your music, and you.
- Padded leather headband with head movement isolation properly distributes weight for hours of comfortable wear. Looks are deceiving, these headphones are designed not to clamp your head, but rather float atop and loosely touch your ears (no problem with eyeglasses). ‘Abyss’ embroidered logo.
- Nicely hand-crafted two-tone felt-lined wooden box touting the Abyss Headphones logo secures all of the above.
- All main components permanently engraved for traceability and collectability.
Pricing for the new AB-1266 Phi CC is:
- $4995 USD for the Lite version
- $5995 USD for Deluxe
- $7995 USD for the Complete.
- Current Euro prices will remain the same.
More information may be found on the Abyss-Headphones.com website.
I pre-ordered a pair a few weeks back, should arrive by months end, looking forward to comparing the ear pads to the originals.
Abyss, Abyss Phi, Abyss Phi CC. I will rather wait for the next version of this headphone, due in half a year or so…