Simaudio’s new MOON 680D streaming DAC expands and redefines the expectations of digital music playback. With its high-end luxe looks, exemplary build quality, superior connectivity and onboard MiND 2* streaming module, the 680D is a future-proofed streaming DAC designed to combine simplicity of use with an extraordinary musical performance.
The design team at Simaudio has taken the blueprint of the 680D’s big brother, the award-winning 780D v2, to carefully craft this multi-talented streaming DAC using the very latest in performance audio technology and the finest of materials.
The 680D is an extraordinarily accomplished digital-to-analogue convertor and, at the same time, it is a feature-packed network streamer. An abundance of digital inputs, plus DAC architecture that embraces the finest in digital audio delivery (PCM up to 32-bit/384kHz and DSD256), ensures the 680D will make digital music sound its absolute best, no matter the source.
Tidal, Qobuz, and more!
As well as class-leading D-to-A conversion, the 680D also delivers an easy-to-use and comprehensive network streaming experience. Premium music services TIDAL Masters, Qobuz Sublime+ and Deezer Hi-Fi are integrated into the MiND 2 streaming module. Bluetooth aptX is on board as well as Ethernet connectivity to ensure absolute signal stability. The 680D is Roon-ready and MQA certified too.
The 680D exhibits an astounding degree of detail retrieval and musicality and, when paired with an amplifier such as the MOON 600i V2, truly takes the listening experience to the next level.
From every conceivable digital source, at any file size or standard whatsoever, the MOON 680D is the comprehensive answer to the question of digital audio quality.
Dominique Poupart, product manager, said, ‘The 680D is the product that our customers have been asking for. It’s premium DAC architecture, convenient streaming functionality and incredible musical performance is just what they requested. And, it’s at a new point in the MOON pricing structure – which is sure to please even more!’
- Roon Ready Device
- Full MQA decoding from all inputs
- Native DSD decoding up to DSD256
- PCM decoding up to 32bits/384kHz
- Bluetooth connectivity
- MHP (MOON hybrid power) power supply
- FPGA Reclocking
- Frequency response (full range): 2 Hz – 100 kHz + 0/- 3 dB
- THD @ 1 kHz, 0 dBFS (A-weighted): < 0.0005 %
- Intermodulation distortion: < 0.0003 %
- Dynamic Range: > 123 dB
- Signal-to-noise Ratio: > 123 dB @ full output
- Channel Separation: > 120 dB
- Intrinsic Jitter: 1 pico second RMS
- Analog Output @ 0 dBFS: 2.0 V
- Analog output impedance: 100 Ω
- PCM Bit-depth range: 16 – 32 bits
- PCM sampling frequency rates: 44.1 – 384 kHz
- DSD sample rates: DSD64, DSD128 & DSD256
- Shipping weight: 38 lb / 19 kg
- Dimensions (W x H x D, in/cm): 18.75 x 4.0 x 16.8 / 47.6 x 10.2 x 42.7
The 680D is available in a choice of black silver or two-tone finishes (available finishes are dependent on location).
To find out more about the stunning MOON 680D: www.simaudio.com
- CAD $11,500 (exc. sales tax)
- USD $9,000 (exc. sales tax)
- EUR €10,500 (inc. tax at ave. 19.6%)
- Availability: December 1st, 2019
*MiND (MOON intelligent Network Device) streams music from a digital music library to an audio system. The digital library can consist of music stored on a computer, on a Network Attached Storage (NAS) and on music services, such as Tidal, Deezer and Qobuz. It can also access all internet radio stations from TuneIn.